The Bowie Citizens for Local Animal Welfare (Bowie CLAW) is comprised of compassionate people who bring together various skills and knowledge to move forward our mission of advocating for the interest and welfare of animals in the Bowie and Greater Bowie area.
Our diverse pack of volunteers includes many breeds, ranging from veterinarians, nurses, teachers, voiceover talent, grant writers, web designers, researchers, homemakers, among many others.
Best of all, we bring a wealth of experience and skills in our years of volunteering for animal rescue groups and shelters. We also have several professionals in the animal management arena who understand the importance of disseminating accurate information and advice. The articles and papers posted represent the findings and teachings of other similar groups who endeavor to help animals.
Our name may make you smirk, laugh, or even groan a bit, we know it has a bit of an edge. But it should help you remember who we are and the point we are trying to make.
We are the Bowie CLAW.
We hope that you will support us in our mission, or even better join our group!
The mission of Bowie Citizens for Local Animal Welfare (CLAW) is to advocate for the welfare of animals in the City of Bowie and the surrounding area.
Our primary objectives are:
- To support the City’s short-term animal shelter by donating supplies and offering volunteer assistance; participating in City-related animal education and welfare events; and advocating for animal welfare before local government, including the Bowie City Council.
- To support the Prince George’s County Animal Management Division’s shelter by providing material support, such as blankets and other supplies; by supporting the shelter’s volunteer program; and by holding events, such as Meet and Greet events and informational foster program meetings. These activities are intended to promote the adoption and care of county animals.
- To support Trap Neuter Return in Bowie. Since October 2017 Bowie CLAW has been helping the Community at large with our TNR program. As of January 1 2022, 907 cats have been spayed or neutered, vaccinated against rabies and other diseases. They have been eartipped to identify them as County protected community cats. In addition since October of 2019, 483 kittens and adoptable cats have been helped via fostering and working with rescues to get them adopted.
A total 1,470 cats have been part of our TNR initiative.
- To promote and expand the Pet Assistance and Support (PAS) program, which provides pet food, cat litter, and certain other supplies, as well as spay/neutering and certain immunizations, to area residents in need.
- To support the humane management of community cat colonies within the City of Bowie.
- To help with the placement of Bowie’s homeless animals and the return of lost pets by raising awareness of City and County resources and by serving as a source of information, including through social media.
Visit our Support Us page to find out how you can support our initiatives. We truly appreciate your help!
Visit our Join Us page to see how you can participate!
Thank you for your interest in Bowie CLAW. If you have any questions, please send your email to email@example.com.